This poor kid! He fell asleep right before the older kids' swim lessons. They keep the building warm so the kids don't freeze during and after their lessons...and he was SO WARM. I just didn't want to disturb his sleep... If you click it, you can see the sweat beads on his forehead.
Ellie has learned to opened doors. So between the fridge and now doors, we are doomed...well, at least any organization I had/have hopes for is doomed.
Our second day of school went well. Abby still picked math over spelling, but both lessons were still fairly easy for her. So far, she likes school. :)
We've been having a daily word to go with "starting school." Yesterday's was "dash." So we had the kids dash around the room and used it frequently yesterday. This morning, Ellie was getting down from breakfast and said, "uh oh! Potty! Hurry...toilet! Hurry! Hurry! DASH!" I tell you, NOTHING gets past this girl!
Emmett has a bit of "work" too...mostly because I know he wouldn't let Abby "do school" without him doing it too. So today, he did a bit of a mosaic-type page of a teapot and we sang "I'm a Little Teapot." His favorite part? The glue. Of course. LOL
This afternoon, Dan came home and noticed a red spot on Abby's arm. He asked her what happened and she said, "Well, I was just sucking my arm and then it turned all red." She definitely gave herself a hickey! hahaha! I remember doing that as a kid!
The kids had their first swim lessons in a while. Apparently they added a class and I didn't know it...so I placed them both in a class lower than I wanted. As a result, Abby's class was WAY too easy. So, she will definitely move into the next class on Thursday. I guess it was a nice way to ease her back into swimming.
After swim, we took the kids to OnCue as a treat. There, we saw an instructor the kids used to have that we really liked. We told her we missed her and she said that she was teaching the preschool class. She asked about Ellie (who ran right up to her) and I told her she was still psycho in the water and that she tries to jump off the side and the diving board and everything. She asked why she wasn't in swim lessons herself. I responded that she was just barely two and that would put her in the mom-and-me class. I don't see the point in that class because it's a get-comfortable-in-the-water type of class. Ellie's already comfortable in the water. Anyway, Miss Micah said that she would take her into her preschool (3-5 year olds) class. So, tomorrow or so I will sign Ellie up so she can have her very own lessons! Dan and I are pretty excited about that. Ellie thinks she can do whatever the older kids do... Since Emmett started swimming at 2.5, it is definitely possible she could swim before 3 years old. That, and we know she will LOVE being in her own class. :)
And with that, here is a (very adorable) video of Hyrum cooing:

0 comments:
Post a Comment